Sunday, October 2, 2011

Ric's Epic Adventure - Epilogue: Parting Thoughts and Shots




Almost two full weeks.

7 National Parks if you count my short jaunts through The Capital Reef and Canyonlands.

Thousands of snaps of my shutter…

And not nearly enough time.  I could have easily spent a week at any one of these great parks.  Still, I’m amazed and thrilled at all that I saw.  It truly was the photo adventure of my lifetime.



Some random thoughts…

People are friendly.  I had a slight bit of trepidation going out on this trip alone.  Yes, I figured I would speak to my wife every evening if I was getting cell service, but, for the most part I’d be alone.  That could not have been further from the case.  Photogs always seem to congregate at the best spots and most are often willing and delighted to share their love of the hobby and or profession with others.  I would be out at 4 or 5 in the morning and there would always be a few folks to share the time with.  I would join strangers for a drink or dinner after a day of shooting.  It was not a lonely endeavor.  Some of these folks I hope to keep in touch with.

They come from all over.  Everywhere I went, but I noticed this especially on my trip down into Bryce Canyon, I heard a myriad of languages.  Some I could identify… German, French, Swedish, Italian… many I could not.  I think at least a few were from off-world.  It made me feel glad that folks would come from far off, just to see the wonders of this great land. 


 Don’t forget the sunblock, water or the hiking shoes.  Hey, most of the time I remembered 2 out of 3. 


 Sirius-XM Radio kicks serious ass!  During the first week of my travels I had a rental with this amazing collection of stations and I wasn’t sure I could ever go back.  The 70’s station and one of the Blues stations were at the top of my list.


If you are on an airplane and already feeling nauseous, do not eat.  Even if it’s a four hour plus trip.



And finally, I have to go back to Arches.  Especially to conquer that one hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment