Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Star Trails... 1st attempt


Next September I'm heading out west and want to get some star trail shots at Arches National Park and the surrounding areas.  I thought it might be time to do a few practice test shots.  Here's the first attempt. This is about a half hours worth These are actually about fifty 30 second exposures piled on top of each other in Photoshop.  I think it'll work better with no clouds in the sky.  When I combined all the shots the clouds seem to form a kind of stepping pattern.  This wouldn't happen in a single super long exposure, but from what I have read, really long exposures create a lot of noise in the digital image, hence the need for a bunch of smaller exposures.  Hopefully, by the time I head out on the vaca, I'll have this all figured out!  Btw, that weird line near the horizon was a plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment